It’s the holiday season! Lots of Christmas lights, parties with friends and family, shopping and presents. It can be the most wonderful time of the year, and also, the most stressful time of the year.
Here are some helpful tips to keep it together during the holidays.
1. Remember to choose protein: Get quality protein, nutrients and feel full longer. Make a protein smoothie before you head over to that holiday party. Try this pumpkin pie protein smoothie recipe. (hyperlink to recipe)
2. Reduce Stress: Shop early or online to avoid crowds, plan simple meals and remember that your best is more than good enough!
3. Get up and move: Exercise can be simple. Walking works large muscle groups and signals the brain to release endorphins, which will make you feel happy.
4. Get your sleep: A tired body wants quick energy and people often turn to sugar or caffeine for a pick-me-up. But this doesn’t last. Allowing yourself time to wind down (even stretch) before bed and get a good night’s sleep can help you avoid sugary temptations during the holidays.
5. Detoxify: Get rid of trunk junk with a simple detox program. Start your day with a cup of warm water with lemon, or anytime the holiday food overwhelms you. Lemon can help reduce weight, controls high blood pressure and cures indigestion and constipation.
6. Love your gut: A healthy gut regulates the entire body and supports functions like digestion, immunity, elimination, stress-coping mechanisms and energy maintenance. Support gut health with probiotics that help rebalance and replenish the gut microbiome.