When I'm looking for a guilt-free sweet treat, I'll whip up these oatmeal chocolate chip bars. They take only a few minutes to make, and the family loves them! Enjoy them with a cup of coffee in the morning, or as a dessert after dinner.
1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
1 large egg
2 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 cup oats (not instant)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg, olive oil and vanilla. Mix together.
4. Add in oats, flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Spread mixture into the baking pan, and bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
7. Allow bars to cool, then cut into bars to serve.